Thursday 31 October 2019

My Kowhaiwhai Art Work

 Kowhaiwhai Art

In He Kakano we have been learning about kowhaiwhai patterns and their meanings. This term we had to create our own kowhaiwhai patterns and describe their meanings. I decided to make my art about friendship and I used a butterfly to symbolize it because I think butterflies are friendly. The black designs in the corners symbolize a group of friends and the purple designs symbolize a bridge to friendship. I chose purple, black and white for the colours because I think the colours mix well.
By Wairini

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Wairini, my name is Selina and I am in LH6 at Gisborne intermediate.
    I really like your artwork and I agree that the colours work well together.
    I like that you based your art on friendship. I do think that you could maybe fill in a bit of the white with a green leaf stem or maybe a flower?
    Please try to visit my blog at https://makauriselinam.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Jasmine and i am a student in learning hub 6 at Gisborne intermediate. I really like your art. But have you thought about adding a bit more colour or texture to it. If you would like to see my blog it is https://gisintjasmineh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.